Pellon® SF568 Lightweight Shape-Flex® is a lightweight woven, fusible interfacing and part of our popular regular Shape-Flex® interfacing line. It provides lightweight, yet crisp support for collars, cuffs, yokes, pockets, facings, and other detail areas of a garment. It can also add body and permanent stability when used as a backing for needlework and punch embroidery. Lightweight Shape-Flex® is intended for light woven and knit fabrics. To pre-shrink, fill a sink with warm water. Place interfacing in water for about ten minutes. Do not put in washer or dryer by itself or you may loosen the adhesive. Gentle squeeze out excess water and allow to dry.
- 100% Cotton
- Sewing machine safe
- Machine wash finished product according to fabric instructions.
- NOTE: Always pre-test product and pre-wash fabrics to make sure it is compatible with the fusible. It is recommended to pre-wash all fabrics to remove any coatings that might interfew with the fuisble. Do not use fabric softner.
- Pin Pattern piece to Lightweight Shape-Flex followig grainline arrows and cut. Trim seam allowances to 1/8". Place fusible side of Shape-Flex against wrong side of fabric. Pin, then steam-baste along edges with tip of iron. Remove pins.
- Cover with thin, damp press cloth. With iron at Wool/Steam setting, press firmly for 10-15 seconds. Repeat, lifting and slightly overlapping iron until all interfacing is fused. Steam press on right side. Let fabric cool, then check bond.
- Use the damp press cloth as a temperature and timing guide. After 10-15 seconds, press cloth should be dry. If not, raise iron temperature or hold iron in place a few seconds longer.
- Use steam iron with metal sole plate. Hand-held steamers wil not permanently bond interfacing to fabric.
- To pre-wash, soak in warm water for about 10 minutes. Gently squeeze out the excess water and line dry. Do not put in a washing machine or dryer to pre-shrink as that may dislodge the fusible.
Sold by the half metre. Select qty: 1 for 0.5m, qty: 2 for 1m, qty: 3 for 1.5m, etc.