Fabrications Ottawa – Retail Clerk Job Posting
About the job:
Fabrications Ottawa is looking to add to our energetic team with a new permanent part-time Retail Clerk. As a Retail Clerk at Fabrications Ottawa, you will be a part of an independent business that has grown by leaps and bounds during 2020 and 2021, while helping create energy and excitement around making and crafting!
As an employee of Fabrications Ottawa, you will need to be proficient at discovering customers’ needs and providing them with helpful solutions. You will be the first person to greet customers when they arrive, and tour them through the store to their interested craft—providing valued advice, selling, and seeing customer’s final makes! You will also be a part of a team that helps keep the store clean and tidy, and up to our visual standards, with possibilities of new responsibilities as our company continues to grow. At Fabrications we believe everyone can be a maker, come and join us make happy!
How you will be a part of the team:
- Present and sell products to new and existing customers
- Respond to and handle customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone, email and in person
- Stay up to date on all products and current sales and promotions
- Handle multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner
- Deal with challenging situations in a professional manner
- Process retail sales transactions
- Open and close the store
- Assist in merchandising displays and store cleanliness.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
What you will bring to the team:
- Knowledge of sewing, knitting, crochet and/or other fibre arts is a MUST
- Service-minded with troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Work independently while contributing to the team
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in a very active environment
- Strong communication skills that let you chat as easily and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces change
- Be a team player by supporting and being there to help your team
- Experience with social media such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Tik Tok
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, specifically Shopify and Vend
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Canva and/or Photoshop
- Previous experience in sales, customer service or other related field
- Bilingual in English & French
You’ll be a perfect fit if you:
- Are passionate about sewing, knitting, crochet, and/or other fibre arts
- Love helping others to find the best solutions while providing excellent customer service
- Love being a part of a creative community
- Get satisfaction through achieving sales targets
- Are able to work 2-3 weekdays and most weekends for a total of 20-30 hours a week
- Handling merchandise which entails lifting boxes and fabric up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand and move about for extended periods of time with only short rest breaks; reach, bend, stoop, etc.to handle products
What's in it for you?
- Casual dress code
- Central location with on-site free parking and major bus route nearby
- Great employee discount
- Predictable schedule
- At Fabrications, you’re more than a staff member – you’re part of a fun, dynamic and thriving creative community!
Fabrications is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability. Fabrications welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline to apply: July 16, 2021
Expected start date: July 29, 2021 or later
Hourly rate: $14.25/hour
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume saved as one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line of “Retail Clerk Application”. We thank all interested candidates, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Interviews may be conducted before the deadline to apply concludes.