Socks 2 at a Time (Advanced Beginner - Knitting)
Dive into the art of knitting socks with Laura Twiss! This class is perfect for the next level beginner or those new to knitting socks. No more second sock syndrome - we're tackling both socks simultaneously. You'll finish the class with a pair of Worsted-weight socks.
This class is four sessions. Please make sure you can attend all the sessions.
- casting on
- switching between knits and purls
- binding off
You will learn:
- Turkish cast-on
- magic loop
- minor colour-work
- after-thought heel
- tubular bind off
We will provide:
- 1 ball of Mota DK/Worsted Weight yarn for the main colour
- 1 mini ball of Mota DK/Worsted Weight yarn in the contast colour
- 4.5mm (US 7) 100 cm (40in) long circular needles
You will need:
- 1 stitch marker
- 1 two-hole large flat button
- Waste yarn
- Darning needle
To save time, the heel will be worked during the first lesson. Homework will be given between classes.
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 6.
This class is being taught by: Laura Twiss