The Jackson Tee is ready to be a workhorse in your wardrobe. This gender-inclusive design by Helen's Closet is great for you and excellent for your family and friends, too. This call will sew View A or B (cropped or full-length t-shirt). All views have a classic unisex fit with a slightly dropped shoulder and crew neck.
View the pattern here (the pattern is included in the class fee - you do not need to purchase it)
This is a three session class. Please make sure you can attend all sessions.
- how to thread and use a sewing machine
- how to wind a bobbin
- how to construct simple seams
- be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance"
You will learn:
- how to take your measurements and choose the appropriate size
- how to trace a pattern and follow pattern instructions
- how to sew with knit fabric
- basic garment construction
- how to hem your finished garment
You will need:
- tracing paper
- knit fabric - Light to medium weight knit fabrics with at least 10% stretch widthwise. We recommend using Cotton Jersey if you are a beginner. You will need 1m to 2m depending on size and view. Please wash your fabric prior to the first class.
- matching thread
Will be provided:
- printed copy of the pattern
- sewing machine to use during class
- any sewing tools or notions needed during class
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Laura