Learn to Sew with Knits and Wovens - Headband Class (Beginner - Sewing)
Friday, November 24, 2023 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Have you wanted to learn how to sew but need some help? This is a great class for beginner sewists as you learn the difference between knit and woven fabrics and how you sew them. You will learn how to use a sewing machine, how to cut fabrics and how to sew a simple project. End result is two cute headbands - one woven and one knit.
You will learn:
- How to wind a bobbin and thread a sewing machine
- How to follow simple instructions on construction
- How to sew with seam allowance
- How to cut with a rotary cutter and ruler
- The difference between knit and woven fabrics
- Which stitches to use with knit and woven fabrics
What is provided:
- any tools needed during class
- sewing machine to use during class
- white or black thread
You will need to bring:
- 0.25m knit fabric with stretch and good recovery (we recommend a cotton lycra jersey which has a 95% cotton 5% lycra fibre content. You can see what we have here.)
- 0.25m woven fabric (we recommend quilting cotton as it is easy to sew and has lots of fun prints. You can see what we have here.)
- Matching thread if desired (we provide white and black thread)
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Tai