The Estuary Skirt is a beginner-friendly, body-friendly skirt pattern that you'll feel like wearing every day of the week. It comes in sizes 0-30 and features a comfortable elastic back. The button front placket, which can be sewn with buttonholes OR as a faux, buttonhole-free placket, makes this skirt a great project for all levels of sewists.
Wear it with plain or graphic knit tees, woven Strata Tops, or warm it up in the winter with a cropped sweater or sweatshirt, leggings and boots. Effortless outfits. And big ol' pockets - instructions for either patch pockets or in-seam pockets are provided. The skirt can also be lengthened or shortened to your heart's content.
You can find Sew Liberated's Sew-Along for this pattern here!
The Estuary Skirt is designed for woven fabrics. Look for mid-weight linens and linen blends, soft cottons, silk noil, rayon challis, cotton ikat, and light- to mid-weight chambray or denim.
*Note: If your chosen fabric is directional, has a nap, or design matching, extra fabric may be required.
*Note: If you want to extend the skirt beyond the provided midi length (25.25 yards, 64cm), you will need to purchase extra fabric. When adding length to the skirt, for each inch of added length, add 5" (13cm) of length to your fabric usage requirement.
- View A & B, sizes 0-8
- 45" (115cm) - wide fabric - 2.5 yards (2.25m)
- 54" (137 cm) - wide fabric - 2.24 yards (2m)
- View A and B, sizes 10-30
- 45" (115cm) - wide fabric - 3.25 yards (3m)
- 54" (137 cm) - wide fabric - 2.5 yards (2.25m)
- 5/8" (1.6cm) buttons OR 3/4" (1.9cm) buttons
- Optional Wonder Tape, 1/4" (0.6cm) wide, approximately 4 yards (3.7m)
- 1.5" (3.8cm) wide soft elastic, for back waistband.