Construction Basics: Seam Finishes! Class (Intermediate - Sewing)
Explore the foundations of garment construction with our Construction Bascis classes. In this class, you'll learn to sew different seam finishes and when to use them. You will learn seven different seam finishes: pinked, zig zag, turn and stitch, french, flat felled, bias bound, and hong kong. Please note that this class is for learning the skills only and you will not have a finished project at the end of the class. You will be sewing samples that can be used for future reference.
- how to thread and use a sewing machine
- how to wind a bobbin
- how to construct simple seams
- be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance"
- familiarity with basic garment construction
You will learn:
- how to sew different seam finishes: pinked, zig zag, turn and stitch, French, flat felled, bias bound, and Hong Kong.
We will provide:
- 0.5m muslin to use for samples
- 0.25m rayon challis to use for samples
- 1m 7mm double fold bias tape
- thread to use in class
- use of sewing machine during class
- any tools needed during class
You will need:
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Michelle