Construction Basics: Knit Necklines! Class (Intermediate - Sewing)
We have run out of stock for this item.
Explore the foundation of garment constructions basics classes. Does the thought of sewing
necklines on knits intimidate you? Then this class is for you! You will learn to sew four different
necklines on knits: boat, crew, scoop and v-necklines, with a bonus lesson on how to clean-finish
a back neckline (time permitting). Please note that this class is for learning the skills only and you will not have a finished project at the end of the class. You will be sewing samples that can be used for future reference.
- how to thread and use a sewing machine
- how to wind a bobbin
- how to construct simple seams on knit fabrics
- be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance"
- familiarity with basic garment construction
You will learn:
- How to calculate neckband for any knit neckband
- How to sew in neckband without puckering
- Four different necklines: boat, crew, scoop and v-neck
- Bonus lesson: covered back neckline (time permitted)
You will need:
- Approximately 0.75 to 1 meter of knit fabric; scraps are perfect
We will provide:
- pattern pieces for partial bodice
- some Knit n' Stable Tape stretch fusible interfacing
- use of sewing machine during class
- any tools needed during class
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Bea