Back to: Tilly and the Buttons
Agnes Top 2-30
Learn to sew your own jersey tops on a regular sewing machine (yes, really!). Irresistibly wearable, Agnes is a versatile wardrobe staple you’ll make again and again.
- Close fitting silhouette
- Choice of scoop neckline or ruched sweetheart neckline, both finished with a narrow neckband
- Choice of sleeve lengths – full length or cropped above the elbow
- Optional on-trend ruching at the shoulders
- No overlocker or serger needed!
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginner
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS -
Light- to medium-weight stretch knit fabrics, such as cotton jersey, viscose jersey or wool jersey. Check the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 25% wider than its original width, and that it pings back down to size after stretching.
See image for fabric requirements
- Matching thread
- 30cm (12in) x 6-8mm (.in) wide clear elastic, ribbon or stay tape to stabilise the shoulders
- Optional: 0.5m (5/8yd) x 5mm (1/8-.in) wide woven or braided elastic for the ruched sleeves and neckline
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)