Patchwork Duffle Sew-Along
The Patchwork Duffle Bag is so much fun to make! Whether you are interested in quilting OR bag-making, this project will have you practicing both skills. So grab your supplies, a copy of the pattern (DUFFLE or DUFFLE MINI) and watch our YouTube series for tips and tricks! Katy is always fun to sew with!
- helpful tools to have on hand
- how to "stack and whack" (cutting multiple layers of fabric at once)
- planning your piecing layout
- pattern adjustments to prevent your fabric from being too small after quilting
- how to make a "quilt sandwich" with your top pieces, batting and backing
- spray basting versus pin basting
- how to quilt the top: marking your pattern, tools to use, and ideal stitch length
- how bind the edges
- creating the fabric casing for the strapping and inserting the strapping
- how to attach the strapping to the bag
- how to attached zipper pulls to zipper by the yard
- how to glue baste the zipper into place and sew it to the bag
- how to attach the zipper end tabs
- how to attach the end panels.