Sew Your Own Apron Class (Advanced Beginner - Sewing)
The Sam Apron is the perfect everyday apron for cooking and crafts. This pattern includes sizes 0-34 and cut lines for heights from less than 5’ tall to over 6’ tall! No more “one size fits all” aprons that don’t fit properly. Sew one for yourself or for a loved one and make them something they will wear and love for years. The Sam Apron includes chest and waist pockets, and towel loops. For this class, you will be making the classic halter neck version.
View the pattern here (the pattern is included in the class fee - you do not need to print it).
This is a three session class. Please make sure you can attend all sessions.
- how to thread and use a sewing machine
- how to wind a bobbin
- how to construct simple seams
- be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance"
You will learn:
- how to take your measurements and choose the appropriate size
- how to trace a pattern and follow pattern instructions
- how to sew with heavy-weight fabric
- how to sew patch pockets
You will need:
- tracing paper
- 1.5-2 m of heavy weight fabric such as canvas, denim or twill
- 3 m of 1" twill tape
- matching thread
Will be provided:
- printed copy of the pattern
- sewing machine to use during class
- any sewing tools or notions needed during class
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Bea