Originally designed and sold by Fringe Supply Co., the Town bag is a great everyday purse and/or a do-it-all project bag, no matter what your project may be. It has the same drawstring closure and interior pockets – designed for corralling tools, patterns, and miscellany – as the Field bag (minus the grommets), but with the addition tote-style handles and external front and back pockets. It's large enough to fit a Field or Stowe bag inside but small enough to fit into a larger bag if needed.
Techniques involved include sewing a straight seam, working with heavy fabrics, and setting rivets (optional).
Suggested Fabrics: 8-10oz cotton canvas
- 1 ½ yds (1.4m) of 1 ¼" (3.27mm) wide cotton
- 2 ½ yds (2.3m) – 5/32" circumference 100% cotton braided cording
- 8 – 6mm, 6.4mm post double cap rivets (optional)
- 3/32" Round Punch (optional)
- 6mm Rivet Setter with base (optional)
- Mallet (optional)
- Denim Machine Needle
- Hera Marker or other removable marking tool