Spot Cowl Class (Intermediate - Knitting)
The countdown is on! Whether you’ve got one last holiday gift to eke out or you’ve decided this is the December you actually knit for yourself, Dawn Barker’s Spot Cowl is sure to be a fast and satisfying knit. This pattern has just enough of a challenge to make it an engaging project from cast on to bind off. We’ll be exploring the world of assigned pooling knitting, in which we let the yarn dictate the pattern. Every skein of hand-dyed yarn is unique, which means each cowl will truly be one-of-a-kind. Let’s build on your established knitting skills and squeeze out one last make for 2023!
- Casting on
- Knitting, purling, comfortable switching between knits and purls (aka ribbing or seed stitch, etc.) without making many mistakes
- Binding off
You will learn:
- the long-tail cast on
- how to join in the round without twisting your stitches
- Sl1 (slip 1), YO (yarn over), PSSO (pass slipped stitch over), k2togtbl (knit 2 together through the back loop)
- how to knit a “nupp”
- how to read a pattern and read your knitting
- weaving in your ends “invisibly” using duplicate stitch
- wet blocking
You will need:
- Needles: 9 mm (US 13) 40cm (16”) circular needles
- One stitch marker that will sit comfortably on your needle
- Darning needle with an eye large enough for super bulky yarn
- Pattern: A copy of the pattern, available for purchase through Ravelry.
We will provide:
- two skeins of MT x Barker Wool ASAP.
- You can see what this yarn looks like here. (You do not need to purchase it as it is included in the class fee)
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 6.
This class is being taught by: Emily
Emily loves anything and everything knitting! She is so excited to help you face your next great knitting challenge!