Shift Dress Class (Intermediate - Sewing)
Have you made a few simple garments and want to try something a little more challenging? The Bianca Dress by Jalie Patterns is a great shift dress that is very versitile. Dress it up or dress it down and it can go anywhere. This class is ideal for someone who has made a few garments, and would like to expand their sewing knowledge.
This is a three session class. Please make sure you can attend all sessions.
You can see the Bianca pattern here. (You do not need to purchase the pattern as it is included in the class fee)
- experience successfully completing several sewing projects; this class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc.
- familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size
You will learn how to:
- take your measurements and pick the correct pattern size
- follow a pattern
- sew a neckline with a facing and bias tape
- sew on patch pockets
- hem a dress
You will need:
- tracing paper
Light-weight woven fabrics with a soft hand and nice drape (you can find what we have available here and here)
- 45" w - up to 2.6m depending on size
- 56" w - up to 2.3m depending on size
- matching thread
We will provide:
- a copy of the pattern
- any sewing tools needed
- a sewing machine to use in class
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by Crystal.