For some, they are the ultimate goal of sewing: jeans! In this class, you can make your very own pair to fit YOUR body! Learn to tailor them to fit you perfectly, and you'll never have to shop for a pair of jeans again! Choose between 5 patterns and you can make a stretch pair of jean or a non-stretch pair of jeans.
- how to operate a sewing machine without assistance
- familiarity with sewing garments and how to read a pattern
- comfortable sewing with trickier fabrics (slippery, thick, etc.)
- experience with minor fitting and alterations (i.e. lengthening a pattern)
You will learn:
- how to correctly measure your body for pants
- how to choose your size(s) based on your measurements
- how to fine tune the fit
- construction methods to make jeans
Will be provided:
- your choice of jeans pattern. Choose from:
- any sewing tools needed for use during the class
- use of sewing machine during class
You will need:
- tracing paper
- suitable fabric for your jeans, in the quantity suggested by the pattern (please stop by the shop for help to determine how much you need!)
- notions required by the pattern.
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Catherine