Easy to make, with no fiddly bits, Lotta is a perfect dressmaking project for beginners, or a satisfyingly speedy sew for more experienced stitchers. It has a blousy bodice and flared skirt, cinched in with a narrow elasticated waistline.
Choose between knee-length or midi-length skirt, with grown-on short sleeves or bracelet-length drop shoulder sleeves, with optional deep patch pockets. To make it even more versatile, you can make this dress in either woven fabric or stretchy jersey.
Lotta includes Tilly and the Buttons' award-winning beginner-friendly instructions, with colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
- Light- to medium-weight drapey fabrics such as chambray, viscose (rayon), Tencel (lyocell), double gauze, brushed cotton or crêpe. The short sleeve version can also be made in less drapey fabrics such as linen, cotton lawn, and seersucker.
- More experienced? Try single knit drapey jersey, stretch velvet or light-weight French terry.
- Please refer to the photo for requirements
- For woven fabrics:
- 0.2m (1/4 yard) iron on interfacing (similar in weight to your fabric)
- Matching thread
- 2 safety pins
- Your waist measurement in 10mm (3/8") elastic
- 6mm or 0.25in will also work!