Do you want to learn basic sewing skills and be able to make as many bags as you want? The Miyako bag handle is a unique model and inspired by Japanese bags. It allows you to make a bag from a 90-100cm square of fabric (furoshiki) in just a few seconds. This removable handle will allow you to make as many bags as you want by simply changing fabric or sewn shapes.
You will learn:
- Sewing machine basics such as winding a bobbin and threading the machine
- How to follow simple instructions on construction
- How to sew with a seam allowance and pivoting corners
- How to cut with a rotary cutter and ruler
We will provide:
- 1 x Leather Furoshiki Bag Handle
- any sewing tools needed during the class
You will need:
- 1m of quilting cotton
- matching thread
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Issy