180 Knit-N-Stable™ is a highly versatile sheer and fusible knit stabilizer offered on the bolt and in a convenient tape format. It aids in preventing shredding during heavy embroidery needling, offers lightweight lining support that stretches with movement, and protects skin from irritating embroidery stitches. The tape is great for stretchy seams and stabilizing collars, necklines, and hems. Ideal for delicate fabrics like silk, chamois, lame, satin, and spandex; and will not change the drape or hand of fabric once fused.
- White and Black
- 100% Polyester
- NOTE: Always pre-test product and pre-wash fabrics to make sure it is compatible with the fusible. It is recommended to pre-wash all fabrics to remove any coatings that might interfew with the fuisble. Do not use fabric softner. This interfacing does not require pre-shrinking
- To trim and steam baste: Pim pattern piece to Knit-N-Stable following grainline arrows and cut. Trim seam allowances to 1/8". Trim 1/4" at corners to reduce bulk. Place fusible side of Knit-N-Stable to wrong side of fabric. Pin, then steam-baste along edges with tip of iron. Remove pins.
- Cover with a damp press cloth. With iron at wool/steam setting, press firmly for a full 10 seconds. Always use a damp press cloth and press down firmly. Repeat, lifting and slightly overlapping iron until all interfacing is fused.
- Use the damp press cloth as a temperature and timing guide. After 10-15 seconds, press cloth should be dry. If not, raise iron temperature or hold iron in place a few seconds longer.
- Use steam iron with metal sole plate. Hand-held steamers wil not permanently bond interfacing to fabric.