The Gypsum Skirt is the fraternal twin of the Arenite Pants - same ridiculously comfortable waistband and drapey pockets, more flounce. Layer it under or over dresses, wear it with a boxy top or cami, and shorten or lengthen the pattern depending on the season. View A has unique, crescent-shaped pockets and instructions for French-seamed pockets and flat-felled seam finishes of the four skirt panels. View B is the perfect introduction to garment sewing (or just a quick sew) with the same shape as View A, but sporting only two panels and inserted, side seam pockets.
The Gypsum Skirt is designed for woven fabrics. For View A, look for rayon challis, tencel twill, silk noil, or other fabric with fantastic drape. View B can handle a slightly stiffer woven fabric in addition to those recommended for View A. Good possibilities include mid-weight linen, double gauze, cotton ikats, and lightweight denim.
- For View A:
- 45" (115cm) - wide fabric - 3.5 yards (3.25m)
- 54" (137 cm) - wide fabric - 2.75 yards (2.5m)
- For View B:
- Sizes 0-12, all fabric widths: 3.25 yards (3m)
- Sizes 14-24, all fabric widths: 3.5 yards (3.25m)
- 2" (5.08cm) wide soft elastic, for waistband