Estuary Beanie Class (Advanced Beginner - Knitting)
November 14, 21, and 28, 2023 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Expand on your knitting skills with this quick and fun hat class! You'll get to learn knitting in the round, reading a pattern, and working on both circular and double-pointed needles. A perfect next-step class for anyone who's mastered the basics.
- Casting on
- Knitting, purling, switching between knits and purls (aka ribbing or seed stitch, etc.)
- Binding off
You will learn:
- the long-tail cast on
- joining in the round and knitting on a circular needle
- right twists, knit-front-and-back, knit through the back loop, slip, and decrease stitches
- how to read a pattern, read your knitting, and all about gauge swatching
- basic mistake fixing
We will provide:
- 1 skein of Malabrigo Mecha
You will need:
- A copy of the pattern, available through Ravelry
- 4.5mm/US 7 40cm/16" circular needles
- 5.5mm/US 9 40cm/16" circular needles
- 5.5mm double pointed needles
- a darning needle
- a crochet hook (between 4-6 mm) for picking up dropped stitches
- scrap worsted weight yarn
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 6.
This class is being taught by: Emily
Emily loves anything and everything knitting! She is so excited to help you face your next great knitting challenge!