Donny Shirt Class (Intermediate - Sewing)
The Donny Shirt is a boxy pull-on top that is designed to be a workhorse in your wardrobe. It is a dartless top with a lapel collar and patch pocket. The Donny is a great everyday top that can be worn with practically anything. Because of its boxy silhouette, the Donny is comfortable but still cool. Pair it with jeans or a skirt, layer it over or under a dress - the sky’s the limit!
This is a three session class. Please make sure you can attend all sessions.
You can see the Donny Shirt pattern here. (You do not need to purchase the pattern as it is included in the class fee)
- experience successfully completing several sewing projects; this class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc.
- familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size
You will learn how to:
- take your measurements and pick the correct pattern size
- follow a pattern
- sew on a collar
- sew a yoke
- sew a patch pocket
You will need:
- tracing paper
Any sort of light to medium weight woven is suitable. If you choose a fabric like a mid-weight twill or denim you will get a more structured top. If you choose a drapier fabric like a rayon challis or silk, you will get a blousier top.
- 45" w - 1.3m to 2m depending on size
- 54" w - 1.1m to 1.7m depending on size
- 1/2 yard[.45 meters] - 45”[114cm] wide fusible interfacing
- Matching thread
We will provide:
- a copy of the pattern
- any sewing tools needed
- a sewing machine to use in class
This class is perfect for someone who has sewn several garments but is looking to make a more challenging garment.
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by Michelle.