Create Together - Caregiver and Child Stocking Class (Beginner - Sewing)
This is a great opportunity for you and your child to create together! Create a little bit of festive cheer with this simple quilted stocking! We will start by constructing a tree shape using foundation paper piecing quilting techniques. Then we’ll assemble bigger pieces that can be quilted together and sewn into a stocking complete with a loop for hanging. We’ll send you home with the completed tree stocking, and a pattern for a “Santa” quilt block that can be completed with the same skills covered in the class.
This class is three sessions. Please make sure you can attend all sessions.
You will learn:
- Sewing machine basics
- How sew a simple seam
- Foundation paper quilting basics
- How to quilt on a sewing machine
We will provide:
- Tree quilt block pattern
- Santa quilt block pattern
- Stocking assembly instructions
You will need:
- 1 fat quarter of contrast fabric (suggestion: green)
- 0.5m of background fabric (suggestion: red)
- 0.5m of lining fabric
- 1.5m of bias tape for finishing edges
- Wool or cotton batting (minimum size: craft)
- matching thread
Please note that each Caregiver and Child couple will work on 1 stocking together and share 1 sewing machine together.
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3 duos. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Eila