Cielo Top & Dress Class (Advanced Beginner - Sewing)
Saturday, November 11, 18 and 25, 2023 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
The Cielo Dress & Top is an easy, breezy take on a boxy tee and shift dress. Loaded with interesting details and interchangeable features, it will fast become a wardrobe-building favourite. Choose between a semi-cropped top with a cuffed short sleeve (View A) or make an easy-fitting dress with sleek inseam pockets (View C), or without pockets (View D). All views have a slightly dropped shoulder, angled shoulder yoke and roomy fit, with a choice between an elegant bias binding or a faced neckline finish. This class is ideal for someone who has made a few garments, and would like to expand their sewing knowledge. Learn tips and tricks as we navigate the pattern, and watch your Cielo Dress come to life stitch by stitch. It's time to sew something beautiful!
This is a three session class. Please make sure you can attend all sessions.
You can see the Cielo Dress pattern here. (You do not need to purchase the pattern as it is included in the class fee)
- experience successfully completing several sewing projects; this class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc.
- familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size
You will learn how to:
- take your measurements and pick the correct pattern size
- follow a pattern
- sew a facing
- sewing a set in sleeve
- hem your garment
You will need:
- tracing paper
- fabric - we recommend that you use a light to medium weight woven such as linen, chambray, or cotton shirtings (you can find what we have available here). You can also use quilting cotton.
- 45" w - 1.4m to 3.2m depending on size and view
- 56" w - 1.15m to 2.75m depending on size and view
- matching thread
- 0.25m lightweight woven fusible interfacing
We will provide:
- a copy of the pattern
- any sewing tools needed
- a sewing machine to use in class
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by Vicki.