Billie Sweatshirt and Dress Class (Advanced Beginner - Sewing)
Thursday November 30, and December 7 and 14, 2023 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
Cool, casual and modern, Billie is an ultra-comfy sweatshirt or sweater dress that you can whip up in an afternoon. It has a relaxed shape, crew neckline and classic trim details. Keep it effortless with cuffed, straight sleeves, or add some drama with on-trend balloon sleeves and deep cuffs.
Choose between top length which sits on the high hip, or mini dress which finishes 10cm (4in) above the knee with gorgeous cutaway pockets. You can dress it up or down, whether you’re wearing Billie for a meeting, dinner date, or Sunday on the sofa.
This is a three session class. Please make sure you can attend all sessions.
You can see the Billie Sweatshirt Dress pattern here. (You do not need to purchase the pattern as it is included in the class fee)
- experience successfully completing several sewing projects; this class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc.
- familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size
You will learn how to:
- take your measurements and pick the correct pattern size
- follow a pattern
- sew knit fabric on a sewing machine
- sew a set in knit sleeve
- sew knit bands
You will need:
- Tracing paper
Sweatshirt fleece, French terry, ponte, double knit, interlock or sweater knit with at least 10% stretch.
- 56-60" wide knit fabric - 1.5m to 3.6m depending on view and size
- Optional: Ribbing (at least 70cm / 27 1/2in wide) for cuffs etc. if main fabric has less than 20% stretch: regular sleeve - 0.7m (3/4yd); balloon sleeve - 0.8m (7/8yd)
- Matching thread
We will provide:
- a copy of the pattern
- any sewing tools needed
- a sewing machine to use in class
A list of our class policies can be found here.
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by Crystal.