1/2M Pellon EK130 Black: Easy Knit Fusible Tricot Interfacing
EK130 Easy-Knit™ is a fusible knit interfacing and supple stabilizer for dresses, jackets, and pants. It is best used with light to midweight knits, wovens, sweater knits, and machine knitted fabrics and is excellent with fabrics such as wool, flannel, and gabardine. Easy-Knit™ has both a lengthwise grain for body and stability and a crosswise stretch for flexible shaping.
Used as an interfacing, Easy-Knit™ adds shape to collars, necklines, front facings and cuffs while maintaining drapability.
Used as an underlining, Easy-Knit™ prevents show-through on light colors and semi-transparent fabrics. It will also add comfort to scratchy fabrics.
- 100% Polyester
- 20″ width
- Fusible knit interfacing
- A supple stabilizer for dresses, jackets, and pants
- Best used with light to midweight knits
- Sewing machine safe
- Machine wash warm. Tumble dry low or dry clean.
- NOTE: Always pre-test product and pre-wash fabrics to make sure it is compatible with the fusible.
- To trim and steam-baste: Pin pattern piece to Easy-Knit following grainline arrows and cut. Trim seam allowances to 1/8". Trim 1/4" at corners to reduce bulk. Place fusible side of Easy-Knit to wrong side of fabric. Pin, then steam-baste along edges with tip of iron. Remove pins.
- Cover with a damp press cloth. With iron at wool/steam setting, press firmly for a full 10 seconds. Always use a damp press cloth and press down firmly. Repeat, liftng and slightly overlapping iron until all interfacing is fused.
- Use the damp press cloth as a temperature and timing guide. After 10-15 seconds, press cloth should be dry. If not, raise iron temperature or hold iron in place a few seconds longer.
- Use steam iron with metal sole plate. Hand-held steamers wil not permanently bond interfacing to fabric.