Sew by the Hour
Don’t have a sewing machine? No space to cut out your project? Here at Fabrications we have everything you need to work on and complete your sewing project.
Our sewing studio is available during business hours whenever a class is not scheduled. Check our calendar to view the class schedule. Please phone us as 613-854-9091, email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in during store hours to reserve your time.The sewing studio is open to current and former students and is independent, unsupervised project time, and an opportunity to use our machines, cutting table and supplies. You must know how to use a sewing machine or serger to sew by the hour!
Our machine rental policies are as follows:
- In order to use the sergers and coverstitch machine, customers must show their 'Serger Certified' card.
- Customers who take the Serger Basics 1 class will automatically earn a ‘Serger Certified’ card (and a Sewing Club card worth 10 hours of sewing studio time).
- Customers who have previously taken the Serger Basics 1 class may contact the store to obtain their card.
These policies are subject to change without notice. These policies are in place to ensure the safety of our customers and the long life of the machines. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Machine rental costs are listed below; there is no charge to use our cutting tables and tools.
If you are interested in learning how to use a sewing machine, please check our Beginner Class listings.
- Machine Rental: $8.00/hr. (including tax) ($10/hour beginning September 1st, 2017)White thread is supplied with all sewing machine rentals. The sergers are threaded with white and black thread, and the coverstitch with white thread. All other colour can be purchased or supplied by you.
- Sewing Club Membership: $65.00 (including tax)A sewing club membership gives you ten hours of sewing, in half hour blocks, for the price of six!