Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Intermediate classes.
Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Intermediate Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of supplies.
- Intermediate Sewing or Advanced Beginner plus several completed garments
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- It is recommended that you wash and hang to dry all fabric prior to the first class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6 students.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Intermediate Classes - March & April
Kielo Wrap Dress
A unique wrap dress, the Kielo makes comfort sophisticated. Join us for this Intermediate dress making class and continue to grow your skills! This maxi dress is great for summer lounging, dressing up for a wedding, and everything in between.
- 1.75m-3m of lightweight and drapes fabric with 20-60% stretch. Lightweight jerseys, modal or bamboo jerseys, tissue knits,
- 1.25m lightweight knit interfacing
- matching thread
Noodlehead’s Range Backpack is a unique and fun project for men and women alike! Perfect for school, work, or commuting, this bag features a fold over or roll top with d-ring closure, a front exterior zippered pocket, adjustable straps and an interior pocket.
Take home pattern is included in class fee.
- 0.75 meters of exterior fabric (recommended fabric: cotton, canvas, waxed canvas or denim)
- 0.5 meters of contrast fabric (recommended fabric: cotton, canvas, waxed canvas or denim)
- 1.5 meters of lining fabric (recommended fabric: cotton or canvas)
- 3.5 meters fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101)
- 1 meter medium to heavy weight interfacing
- (1) 8” zipper
- (2) 1” wide d-rings
- (2) 1.5” wide rectangle rings
- (2) 1.5” wide strap sliders
- matching or contrasting thread as desired
- if desired, 9” length of 1” wide cotton webbing or leather (for the hang loop)