Sewing Intermediate Classes
Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Intermediate sewing classes.
Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Intermediate Classes. Please familiarise yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of supplies.
- Advanced Beginner classes plus several completed items.
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- For apparel making classes: you must have familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size. It is recommended that you wash and hang to dry all fabric prior to the first class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 4 students.
- These classes are for customers ages 16 and up.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Learn to Quilt 2.0: Rainbow Falls Quilt
Looking to expand your quilting skills? In this course, you’ll make the Rainbow Falls Quilt by Wren Collective in a Pillow/Wall size. This class will only complete the quilt top, giving you the option to finish it as a wall hanging or a pillow.
You will learn:
-How to How to use a template when cutting
-How to sew a curved piece and HST (half square triangles)
-Planning your quilt layout with a colouring sheet
This class is perfect for someone who has completed one or more beginner quilts.
View the pattern here: https://fabricationsottawa.com/products/rainbow-falls?_pos=1&_sid=5dad63dc1&_ss=r (the pattern is included in the class fee - you do not need to purchase it)
Click here to sign up: June 8 and 15, 2022