Sewing Intermediate Classes
Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Intermediate sewing classes.
Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Intermediate Classes. Please familiarise yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of supplies.
- Advanced Beginner classes plus several completed items.
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- For apparel making classes: you must have familiarity with using a sewing pattern, measuring oneself and picking a size. It is recommended that you wash and hang to dry all fabric prior to the first class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 5 students.
- These classes are for customers ages 16 and up.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Have you wanted to sew garments with soft and drapey fabrics like rayon challis but are a little intimidated by the shifty fabric? This class is perfect for you! The Remy Raglan Top is a simple, timeless top that is quick to make. It features a relaxed fit at the bust and waist with three sleeve choices and an optional keyhole button closure. This pattern is designed for lightweight fabrics and looks lovely in fabrics with a fluid drape. For short sleeve option choose a fabric with no obvious wrong side.
You can see the pattern here: https://fabricationsottawa.com/products/theremyraglantop?_pos=6&_sid=b43c4da13&_ss=r (you do not need to purchase the pattern as it is provided in the class fee)
You will learn how to:
- how to take your measurements and choose the appropriate size
- how to construct french seams
- how to sew shifty, drapey fabrics
- how to construct a garment with raglan sleeves
You will need:
- tracing paper
- fabric with a fluid drape (you can find what we have available here: https://fabricationsottawa.com/products/theremyraglantop?_pos=6&_sid=b43c4da13&_ss=r) 45" w - 1.2m to 3.2m depending on size and view 54" w - 1m to 2.6m depending on size and view
- matching thread
- 1 button 12-20mm for view 2
We will provide:
- copy of the pattern
- any sewing tools needed during the class
- use of a sewing machine during the class
This class is perfect for someone who has sewn several garments but is looking to use a challenging fabric.
Click here to sign up: February 15 & 22 $155 plus HST