Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced Beginner classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Advanced Beginner Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of supplies.
- A couple of Beginner classes such as Infinity Scarf, Triangle Scarf, Cocoon Wrap, Envelope Pillow Cover or Pet Bandana
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. We recommend washing fabric before the start of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Advanced Beginner Classes
Underwear for Kids and Adults!
In this class you'll learn how to make underwear for men or women! Use up your scraps to make super comfy, customized and colourful underwear. This is the ultimate in 'sew instead of doing laundry' project.
You can purchase the briefs/women's pattern by clicking here.
You can purchase the boxers/men's pattern by clicking here.
You can purchase the kid's pattern by clicking here.
Please bring the printed out and taped together pattern. Each pattern has the option of only printing the size that you need!
- 3/4m of cotton lycra jersey for the body of the underwear (depending on size)
- 1/4m of cotton lycra jersey with at least 5% lycra if you are making the waist and leg bands, can be the same fabric as body (depending on size)
- matching thread as desired
Make this simple vest style layering piece in this two session class! Learn about reading sewing patterns, tracing pattern pieces onto fabric, and assembling a garment. The pattern is one size, and if you necessary, you will also learn how to make simple alterations to make the garment larger or smaller.
Choose a lightweight linen for that amazing crinkly look, or a soft tencel twill for a more fluid and drapey accessory.
This pattern is only available a PDF download. Please purchase your pattern here. We will provided students with a large scale print out. Please bring the instructions with you.
- 2m of 54-60inch wide woven fabric such as linen, chambray, tencel twill, ikat, or double gauze.
- coordinating thread if desired
Learn to Quilt: Pluses and Minuses Quilt
Join Vicki and learn the basics of quilting! Accurate and fast cutting, playing with colour and contrast, square seams.
- 24 fat quarters, in pairs of light and dark coordinating shades for the plus signs
- 1 fat quarter for the minus signs
- 1.5m of background and binding fabric
- 3.5m of backing fabric
- Twin sized batting
- Coordinating thread for top stitching