Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced Beginner classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Advanced Beginner Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of supplies.
- A couple of Beginner classes such as Infinity Scarf, Triangle Scarf, Cocoon Wrap, Envelope Pillow Cover or Pet Bandana
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. We recommend washing fabric before the start of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 8.
- These classes are for those ages 16 and up.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Advanced Beginner Classes
Underwear for Kids and Adults!
In this class you'll learn how to make underwear for men or women! Use up your scraps to make super comfy, customized and colourful underwear. This is the ultimate in 'sew instead of doing laundry' project.
You can purchase the briefs/women's pattern by clicking here.
You can purchase the boxers/men's pattern by clicking here.
You can purchase the kid's pattern by clicking here.
Please bring the printed out and taped together pattern. Each pattern has the option of only printing the size that you need!
- 3/4m of cotton lycra jersey for the body of the underwear (depending on size)
- 1/4m of cotton lycra jersey with at least 5% lycra if you are making the waist and leg bands, can be the same fabric as body (depending on size)
- matching thread as desired
March 28th - cancelled
Deceptively basic, this Box Pouch (also known as Dopp Kits, or Toiletry Bag) really shines in its simplicity. Make it in a pattern canvas for a fun gift, or in a twill for a rugged and hardwearing travel companion.
- 1 fat quarter of mid weight fabric such as quilting cotton, twill, or lightweight canvas for outer fabric
- 1 fat quarter of mid weight fabric such as quilting cotton, twill, or lightweight canvas for lining fabric
- 12inch zipper
- 0.5m of fusible interfacing such as SF101
- 4inch by 6inch scrap of complimentary fabric for zipper plus
- coordinating thread
March 27th - cancelled
Invisible Zipper Throw Pillow Cover
Don't let invisible zippers intimidate you anymore! Learn how to insert an invisible zipper using a special sewing machine foot easily and quickly for a smooth clean look.
Invisible zippers are used in many household and garment making patterns. This class will equip you to tackle new projects with confidence!
- 2 fat quarters of quilting cotton
- one 15-20 inch invisible zipper
- one 18 inch pillow form