Sewing Advanced Beginner Classes
Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced Beginner classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Advanced Beginner Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of supplies.
- A couple of Beginner classes such as Infinity Scarf, Triangle Scarf, Cocoon Wrap, Envelope Pillow Cover or Pet Bandana OR
- Basic sewing experience such as knowing how to thread and use a sewing machine, wind a bobbin, construct simple seams, and be familiar with sewing terminology such as "right sides of fabric together" and "seam allowance."
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. We recommend washing fabric before the start of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 4.
- These classes are for those ages 16 and up.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Advanced Beginner Classes
Raglan T-Shirt for EveryBODY
Does sewing with knits seem daunting? Learn to sew with knits by creating a raglan t-shirt for anyBODY. Using the Jalie Nico Raglan Tee or the Jalie Raglan Tee you will make a knit tee shirt that can be sized age 12m to XXL. (If you fall outside of the size ranges, please email us as we can provide another pattern.) You will learn how to pick your appropriate size, sew knit seams, use a band to finish the neckline and hem knit fabric. This class is appropriate for advanced beginners.
You will need:
- knit jersey fabric - amounts vary depending on size - please contact us at the store if you need help determining the amount of fabric you need.
- please wash your fabric before the first class
- matching thread
- tracing paper
- all of these can be purchased at the store
You will be provided:
- a copy of one of the patterns (we will contact you to determine which one)
- any sewing tools needed for use during the class
Click here to sign up: June 18 and 25, 2022