Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Advanced Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of required supplies.
- Intermediate Sewing or equivalent +
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. It is recommended that you launder fabric appropriately before the beginning of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6 students.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Come join Paddye Mann as she shows us how to make that dream come true.
In this weekend intensive course, using the True Bias Lander Pants pattern as a base, she'll show you how to correctly measure your body, choose your size, sew a muslin, and fine tune the fit until it's perfect! Once that's done, you'll move on to making your pants!
- 3metres of 114cm/45inch wide fabric
- 2.5m of 137cm/54inch wide fabric
- choose medium to heavy bottomweight fabrics with little to no stretch such as twill, linen, corduroy and denim. Alternatively, you can also use 100% wool or wool blend suiting.
- 0.5m of light to medium weight woven fabric for the front pocket linings. Appropriate fabrics include rayon bemberg, cotton voile, quilting cotton, linen, or standard lining fabrics.
- 1metre medium weight woven fusible interfacing
- 4 jeans buttons or regular buttons (5/8” wide) if you are going to make the exposed button fly.
- 1 seven inch zipper if you will be making a zipper fly
Space is limited to just 6 participants.
Common Bodice Alterations
In this technique class we will cover 12 common bodice and upper arm alterations. Mastering these alterations will allow you to evaluate patterns of your choice, determine which alterations are needed, and perform them with confidence. This class will cover small and full bust, wide and narrow shoulder, forward shoulder, long and short torso, full bicep, full and short arm scythe, and sway back adjustments.
Students won't complete a full finished top in this class, with most of the garment being simply basted in order facilitate fast fitting.
We will use the Colette Sorbetto free downloadable pattern as our template. Please download your copy here.
- 1.75m of muslin or light to medium weight woven fabric
- The free downloaded pattern and printed off pages of Version 3 (with sleeves) with pattern pieces already taped together. Be sure to print a wide range of sizes, you may be surprised at what size you actually need! Check the pattern's finished measurements as a guide.
Curves and Composition: The Looper Quilt
Level up your quilt skills, and learn all about sewing curves! This pattern is also a fantastic opportunity to play around with composition as you arrange and rearrange large blocks. Buy a little extra of fabric 1-6 if you want more lines and curves than background. We will be making the crib or throw sized quilt in class.
This class assumes that students are already familiar with basics of quilting and have completed several quilts on their own. This is a challenging class.
Class registration fee includes a printed copy of Looper Quilt pattern by Miss Makes. You can see more info and inspiration here or by searching for #looperquilt on Instagram.
Printed pattern is included in your class fee.
Supplies (based on the throw size):
- 0.5m fabric 1
- 0.5m fabric 2
- 0.5m fabric 3
- 0.5m fabric 4
- 0.5m fabric 5
- 0.5m fabric 6
- 2m background fabric
- 0.5m binding fabric
- 3.75m backing fabric
- Throw Sized batting - at least 66" by 66"
Take your dressmaking to the next level with a fully lined bodice, waist and bust darts, invisible zipper, and perfectly spaced gathers.
The Emery Dress is the most popular pattern from Christine Haynes and the indie sewing community is pumped to see it re-issued in a wider size range!
Make your own fit'n'flare dress in lawn, cotton, wool, or quilting cotton!
- 3m to 4m of lawn, shirting, linen, or quilting cotton depending on view and size
- 0.5m of lightweight fusible interfacing
- 22inch invisible zipper
- matching thread