Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Advanced Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of required supplies.
- Intermediate Sewing or equivalent +
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. It is recommended that you launder fabric appropriately before the beginning of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6 students.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Common Bodice Alterations
In this technique class we will cover 12 common bodice and upper arm alterations. Mastering these alterations will allow you to evaluate patterns of your choice, determine which alterations are needed, and perform them with confidence. This class will cover small and full bust, wide and narrow shoulder, forward shoulder, long and short torso, full bicep, full and short arm scythe, and sway back adjustments.
Students won't complete a full finished top in this class, with most of the garment being simply basted in order facilitate fast fitting.
We will use the Colette Sorbetto free downloadable pattern as our template. Please download your copy here.
- 1.75m of muslin or light to medium weight woven fabric
- the free downloaded pattern and printed off pages of Version 3 (with sleeves) with pattern pieces already taped together