Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Advanced Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of required supplies.
- Intermediate Sewing or equivalent +
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. It is recommended that you launder fabric appropriately before the beginning of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 6 students.
- These class are for those ages 16 and up.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
- 2m - 3.25m of Light to medium weight fabrics ranging from silk charmeuse, crepe de chine, cotton shirting, poplin, chambray, sateen, lightweight to midweight denim, linen, linen blends, and flannel. Extra fabric may be needed to match plaids, stripes, or one-way design prints.
- 1.25m of lightweight fusible interfacing such as Pellon SF101
- nine 3/8-1/2inch buttons (more if you want to lengthen the dress)
- coordinating thread
- 2m to 4.5m durable woven fabrics like denim, twill, canvas and heavyweight linen depending on width of fabric, version, and size
- Lightweight non-stretch fusible interfacing (View A = 1.25yd, View B = 1 yd, View C = .75yd)
- Pocket lining (View C = .25yd)
- Polyester thread (Topstitching thread optional)
- View A & B only: D rings or belt slider (1.5" / 38mm)
- View C only: Buttons or snaps - 9 x 5/8"
- Optional: One set of snap buttons for collar
- Optional: Bias tape for finishing seams
- Optional: 5"/13cm twill tape or ribbon for hanging hook loop
Come join Paddye Mann as she shows us how to make that dream come true.
In this weekend intensive course, using the True Bias Lander Pants pattern as a base, she'll show you how to correctly measure your body, choose your size, sew a muslin, and fine tune the fit until it's perfect! Once that's done, you'll move on to making your pants!
- 3metres of 114cm/45inch wide fabric
- 2.5m of 137cm/54inch wide fabric
- choose medium to heavy bottomweight fabrics with little to no stretch such as twill, linen, corduroy and denim. Alternatively, you can also use 100% wool or wool blend suiting.
- 0.5m of light to medium weight woven fabric for the front pocket linings. Appropriate fabrics include rayon bemberg, cotton voile, quilting cotton, linen, or standard lining fabrics.
- 1metre medium weight woven fusible interfacing
- 4 jeans buttons or regular buttons (5/8” wide) if you are going to make the exposed button fly.
- 1 seven inch zipper if you will be making a zipper fly
Space is limited to just 6 participants.