Sewing Advanced Classes
Here you will find a list and description of all of our current Advanced classes. Scroll down to see all the options and when you see the one you want to take follow the Book Now link to be taken to our Booking site to reserve your spot.
The following prerequisites and class policies apply to all Advanced Classes. Please familiarize yourself with them. Please refer to each class below for a list of required supplies.
- Intermediate Sewing or equivalent +
- A confident sewer who has made many garments, is comfortable with using trickier fabrics, and has some experience with fitting and minor alterations to patterns.
- Experience successfully completing several sewing projects. This class will not cover basic sewing machine operation such as threading a needle, switching needles, how to adjust stitch length, locking stitches, reverse stitching, pivoting corners, winding bobbins etc. Students should be capable of performing these procedures without assistance.
- All fabric and supplies can be purchased in store or provided by yourself. It is recommended that you launder fabric appropriately before the beginning of class.
- Minimum registration for this class is 3 students. Maximum is 4 students.
- These class are for those ages 16 and up.
Space in our classes is limited, therefore in order to reserve your seat, a 100% non-refundable deposit is required. You may register for a class in person, online, or over the phone (613-854-9091) with a credit card.
There are no refunds for classes. Please note that we reserve the right to postpone and reschedule a class because of unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to contact our students to inform them that a class has been cancelled and arrange makeup classes.
Please refer to our Class Policies for more information before scheduling a class.
Common Bodice Alterations
Do you wish your sewing makes would fit better in the bodice? Have you put off learning how to do a full bust adjustment? In this class you will learn some of the most common alterations to patterns for fit issues that can be encountered when making bodice and the class will be tailored towards your personal fitting issues. We will be using Ahead of the Curve as the textbook for the class (a $46.99 value), and work through making a garment to ensure your tops fit!
- Advanced Sewing or equivalent
- A confident sewer who has made many garments, is comfortable with using trickier fabrics, and has
- some experience with fitting and minor alterations to patterns
- 1.75m of muslin or light to medium weight woven fabric
- notebook for making notes
- the class pattern (either from the textbook or free downloaded pattern) & its pattern pieces already taped together
- tracing paper
Click here to sign up: June 10 and 17, 2022