Serger Skill Building: Making a Boxy Zippered Pouch Class
June 27, 2023 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Are you ready to take your serging skills to the next level? Learn how to make a practical and fun pouch entirely on your serger/overlocker, including inserting a zipper! This little pouch is the perfect project to bring your serger skills to the next level. The focus of this class is learning serger techniques, and students should have a basic understanding of how to use a serger.
- Serger Basics 1.0 OR
- you are able to operate your serger without assistance (you can confidently thread your machine and troubleshoot issues).
You will learn:
- how to use your serger to construct a zippered pouch
- how to insert a zipper with your serger
- how to make little pull tabs
- how to box the corners of your pouch
- how to use the rotary cutter and quilting ruler
You will need:
- 4 spools of matching serger thread
- 2 Fat quarters of quilting cotton
- 0.5 m of fusible fleece
- 1 x 16”-18” zipper (wide handbag zippers or zipper by the yard are preferable)
- Disappearing marking tool
Will be provided:
- any tools needed during the class
The studio has ONE serger available for students.
SERGER NOT INCLUDED
- if you are bringing your OWN serger, please select the ticket type 'Bring your own serger'
- if you need to borrow the one serger we have, please select the ticket type 'Borrow our serger'
WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE that there will be a serger available for you to use if you do not select the appropriate ticket type.
A list of our class policies can be found here: https://fabricationsottawa.com/pages/class-policies
Minimum registration is 3. Maximum is 5.
This class is being taught by: Bea