Simple and Easy Pattern Weights
Easy Pattern Weights
Pattern weights are an essential tool when tracing a pattern, and if you’re on Team Rotary Cutter, to keep the paper and fabric from shifting as you trace or cut.
Pattern weights can be anything small and heavy; cans, wooden blocks, rocks, spare scissors or cutlery, and, you know, actual pattern weights.
Pattern weights don’t have to be expensive or difficult to make either. Here’s a super simple way to make custom pattern weights.
What you’ll need:
- Medium sized ceramic wall tiles like these:
- Peel and stick cork, available from hardware stores and craft stores, like Michael's.
- A rotary cutter or exacto knife.
What to do:
- If the ceramic tiles are held together with plastic mesh on the back, peel it off each tile.
- Peel the backing off a peel and stick cork tile, or section of a peel and stick roll.
- Stick the tile to the sticky side of the cork and press it firmly.
- Flip the tile over and cut the cork off, close to the tile's edge with the rotary cutter or exacto knife.
And that's it!